IASI 1 Course
IASI 1 Course
Summer evening course runs on Wednesday evenings in 2018 as follows:
Wednesday evenings 7.30 - 10.00 pm
April 18tth, 25th
May 2nd, 9th, 16th, 23rd, 30th
June 6th,13th, 20th, 27th
July 4th, 11th
Course runs over 3 weekends in 2018 as follows:
September 22/23rd, 29/30th and October 6/7th
9.30am – 5pm
a real great way to build up the training towards a recognised ski instructors qualification.
The course runs over 3 weekend minimizing time off of work and is tutored by one of our approved IASI trainers. During the course you will cover the following topics:
- The IASI technical model and fundamental skiing components
- The learning progression from beginner to parallel skier
- Develop your own personal performance in line with the IASI level 1 instructor outcome level
- Safety and communication when delivering a teaching session
- Lesson delivery / planning / implementation
- Skier performance analysis
- Working as an instructor in the indoor environment
The programme is designed to build candidates up to being accredited as level 1 instructors. Assessment and mentoring is ongoing throughout the course. One completion of the course one all the required units have been passed a level 1 license is issued.
Additional units required NOT included in the 12 week and at additional cost:
- 2 day first aid course
- CRB ( Criminal records check) certificate
- 30 Hours shadowing ( assisting instructors) organized free of charge though The Snow Centre.
Price for the course £600.00 includes IASI membership and card, work book and manual, all training fees and slope fees.